Office Hours: Mon-Fri
8:15 AM to 4:15 PM
If you smell gas, call 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
24 hour answering service
Natural Gas Safety
Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a toxic gas caused by incomplete burning of fuels such as gasoline, kerosene, wood, coal, propane,
natural gas, and fuel oil. Elevated concentrations of CO can cause illness and even be fatal. To keep you and your family
safe from CO poisoning, make sure all appliances are properly installed, vented, and maintained. Have your heating system,
gas water heaters, and chimneys inspected annually by qualified contractors. Between these annual inspections, look for any
sign of water collecting near a burner or vent (a sign of incomplete burning). Also check vents, flues, and chimneys for
corrosion or blockage and replace if necessary. Never burn charcoal in your home, garage, shed, or any enclosed area.
Most important, install a CO detector on each floor of your home. CO detectors are widely available at home improvement
or hardware stores.
Know the Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Breathing CO may cause the following flu-like symptoms: